Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4/14/15

Tonight's homework is to complete Assignment 66 and continue working on the Unit 7 Mini-Project. The pollution exam will take place next week (date TBD).

Assignment 66 Solid Waste Management Comprehension and Reflection Questions

Answer the following questions to the best of your ability in complete sentences.

1. Which of the following statements best describes you?

Set #1
_____ I recycle of my own volition, whenever possible, and go out of my way to do so.
_____ I recycle on my own, but only when it is feasible and easy to do so.
_____ I recycle only upon prompting or when I have no other choice.
_____ I do not recycle, whenever possible, and go out of my way to do so.

Set #2
_____ I reuse materials and/or minimize waste of my own volition, whenever possible, and go out of my way to do so.
_____ I reuse materials and/or minimize waste on my own, but only when it is feasible and easy to do so.
_____ I reuse materials and/or minimize waste only upon prompting or when I have no other choice.
_____ I do not reuse materials and/or minimize waste, whenever possible, and go out of my way to do so.

2. Justify your responses to #1. Why do you think you manage your material usage and disposal in the manner that you do?

3. What factors influence how a person is going to manage their waste? What could make it easier to recycle or reuse? Which factors could make it more difficult?

4. From which sources does most of (y)our waste arise? What can be done to minimize that material waste?

5. Identify and describe one piece of legislation that addresses (non-nuclear) waste disposal.


6. How does discussing solid waste management connect to our ideas and definitions of sustainability?

No comments:

Post a Comment